We've been making jam for about 3 hours and we have 25 total jars so far of strawberry, strawberry/rhubarb and blackberry. We're hoping to make another batch of strawberry this evening as well as some spiced mulberry. The fruit has been either harvested from our property or purchased at a farmers market.
It took us about an hour to pick two quarts of black caps, which was just shy of what we needed for the recipe so we added in some strawberries.
Jars in waiting:
We've used 10 pounds of sugar so far:
Bill had the brilliant idea of putting the lids and rings on the steamer to make them easier to extract from the boiling water.
We don't have much house news of late. Our garden and chickens are growing and new plants are flowering. We'll be chopping some more wood soon and canning the mulberries and raspberries that are in abundance on our property.
For now, here is some knitting. We went to the Hoosier Hills Fiber Arts Festival this past weekend. No surprise that I came home with orange sock yarn....