Sunday, October 3, 2010

Socks of Autumn

I finished a new pair of socks this morning. They are the perfect fall socks - a great color, cozy and casual.




I also started my first ever colorwork. It is WAY FUN and I don't think I'll be able to stop. Ever. Except for when I'm squeeing with delight and asking Bill to "look at how awesome this is" every 28 seconds. He's very patient and sufficiently awed. It's one of the eleventy billion reasons I love him. (Another being his sweetness in taking the photos above.)

The design for this sock calls for yarn which is dyed in a gradient from one color to another. The sock starts like this:


...and ends like a photo negative - reverse of the colors it started with. In the middle it gets all blurry and muddled. It's wicked awesome.

This picture shows the colors much better.


I'm a little stuck at the moment on the instructions, but I'll get started knitting again soon.

No comments:

Post a Comment