Thursday, April 4, 2013

Growing things

Spring is going to come to Indiana if only through the force of my will... I will force it to come by planting radishes in my cold frame.


The radishes, along with spinach, cauliflower, turnips and cabbage were planted last week and yesterday I added some lettuce, Brussels sprouts, leeks, broccoli, parsnips and beets. That sounds like a lot, but it's only a row of each. Until we put up our chicken-proof fence, I've only got a limited area for planting. I also tilled for peas which I hope to plant tomorrow.

I am even more excited about planting this year because Bill bought me a seeder for Valentines Day. After the chicken plucker for my birthday last year, I think this will be my favorite not-really-a-present-but-it-amuses-me-to-pretend.


Tomatoes and peppers plants are growing in aquarium of toilet paper tubes.



Coop and Corrie are still growing too. This morning, as I attempted to repair my homemade lightbox from kitten damage, they decided to inflict more damage.

Here is Corrie stepping holes in the tissue paper and attacking a strip of tape that was surely asking for it.





I have fiber photos to show you too... Maybe I'll write two posts in one week which might keep my mom from nagging me about blogging for a little while??

No comments:

Post a Comment