Friday, March 23, 2012

Birthday Chicago.

Monday was my 35th birthday (I have Big News connected with that to share...soon) and we went to Chicago for the weekend to celebrate.

First stop - Tapas! It was yummy and I realized how much I miss good olives. I don't think I've had a good olive since we moved to Indiana (nor have we had good tapas...). In DC we would walk to tapas on Tuesdays - half-price Sangria pitcher night - sit outside, watch the people, get tipsy and walk home. We often would stop at the library because it was on our way home and it feels really, really naughty to go to the library drunk.

This was our favorite course - asparagus in a pear (poached in red wine) with some grapefruit sauce thing and cabrales.


We ate and drank and ate and drank and when we felt like this:


...we walked back to our hotel. The luxury I miss most about DC (besides olives) is walking. The night was beautiful and the sangria potent.

I was so excited about walking that I realized how much I miss living somewhere where there is gum on the sidewalk, and apparently felt the need to document the moment.


Bill was looking especially adorable. Living in the country rocks, but we were both pretty excited about our vacation in a City.


The next day was St. Patrick's Day and it was insane. More on that later...but, Krista darling - if this is what it's like when you go to the City every year, I am going to implement a You Must Check-In With Your Cousin When You Arrive Home Safely Policy.


No comments:

Post a Comment