Tuesday, July 31, 2012

Hello from the desert

As Indiana (or at least my house) continues in one of the worst droughts on record, I thought you might like to see some photos from the stupid year that I picked to be my first one farming.

Our quaking aspen are dropping leaves like crazy. I took this two days ago and the ground is now three times more yellow.

 
This is a big rain cloud to my east. It was on track to pass over me, but diverted about five miles before my house and missed me completely. This happens at least three times a week. Not kidding. It has happened twice today. 

 
I can see the rain, which just makes the whole thing more depressing. 

 
See that drop in the bottom of the jar? Right in the crevice? That was the result of the big scary storms that went through earlier this week. It doubled the amount of rain we received in July.

Not kidding about that either.




Posted by Picasa

1 comment:

  1. Yikes! So sorry you've had no rain at all! I hope it improves soon.

    ReplyDelete