Saturday, September 7, 2013

Winter is Coming

This past week has been Winter is Coming week. Bill took a few days off and we've been stockpiling important things for the coming cold.

Hey! It's hay! We have a pile of hay that we (mostly Bill) scythed this year, but it's not enough for the entire winter, so we purchased some bales as well.


We've been stacking wood too. Last year we got a small electric splitter which is tied with our chicken plucker as one of my favorite purchases.



This is about an hour of splitting. Not nearly enough yet! Some of that wood is cherry, which means our shed smells amazing. 


Lastly, I've been doing a little quilting. Having my own craft room and working on project bags for my little Etsy shop has reacquainted me with my sewing machine (and fabric shops), so I'm hoping my quilting bug returns. I'm machine quilting a pepper quilt I started when we first moved to Indiana.


The archived process of making this quilt is on my very first (I think), rather old blog. Here's the best photo from the series:



We have lots more work to do before the snow (I hope!) flies, but we've gotten a good start.

No comments:

Post a Comment